WHAT WE DO: headspace Redcliffe provides FREE or low cost counselling and support services to young people aged 12-25 who are going through a tough time.
OUR VISION: To improve young people's mental, social and emotional wellbeing through the provision of high quality, integrated service when and where they are needed.
Please check out the rest of our website to find out more about our centre.
- Monday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:30am - 6:00pm
- Thursday: 9:30am - 6:00pm
- Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Redcliffe is operated by Open Minds Australia. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Brisbane North (Partners 4 Health Ltd).
Mental Health Services
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Work & Study Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
Alcohol & Drug Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
Youth Reference Group
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
How to make a referral
If you are a young person aged 12-25 enquiring about headspace Redcliffe services for yourself, you do not require a formal referral, simply give us a call on 07 3897 1897 to make an appointment or drop in and have a chat to one of our Reception staff. We are located at Units 5-7, 457 Oxley Avenue, Redcliffe (behind Sizzler and across the car park from Dominos Pizza).
If you are a friend, family member or carer, you can phone to book an appointment on behalf of a young person but we do request that you discuss this with the young person first to make sure they are happy to come along.
GP, School and Service Provider Referrals
If you are a Doctor, School Guidance Officer, Teacher, Service Provider, or work in a Government Department, you can provide a written referral on behalf of a young person to attend headspace Redcliffe.
A copy of our referral form can be found by clicking the following links - PDF version for printing, or Word version to fill out electronically. Once completed, please forward your referral, along with any accompanying documentation, to headspace Redcliffe via Email, Fax or Post as per the details on the form.
Information session and event booking requests
headspace Redcliffe have a dedicated Community Development team that offer a range of different services that include Presentations to large groups, Workshops designed for Young People or the General Community or Service Providers and much more.
School assembly requests, please read below information.
For other requests below you can find our request forms. Please ensure you read through all the information correctly. Once completed please email your request to headspace.Redcliffe@openminds.org.au .
Workshops or Presentations Form - Form-Workshop-or-Presentation-headspace-Redcliffe4.pdf
In service visit to headspace Redcliffe - Form-In-service-Visit-headspace-Redcliffe2.pdf
Mental Health Event - Form-Mental-Health-Event-headspace-Redcliffe2.pdf
Promotional Material request - Form-Promotional-Material-headspace-Redcliffe2.pdf
School assembly presentations
headspace Redcliffe is pleased to announce the launch of our new school awareness initiative which will see our centre delivering free ‘youth mental health literacy’ assembly presentations (5-10 minutes) to local schools throughout 2017.
The ‘youth mental health literacy’ presentation aims to achieve the following outcomes for students:
- Increase mental health literacy
- De-stigmatise mental health issues
- Create awareness of headspace support services
- Promote positive help seeking behaviours
To secure a booking for your school please contact our Admin team today to secure your booking. Please ensure you provide a contact name, number and email address for our Community Development team to get back in contact with you to finalise the details around your booking prior to the presentation.
headspace Redcliffe contact details:
- Phone: (07) 3897 1897
- Fax: (07) 3897 1800
- Email: headspace.Redcliffe@openminds.org.au
headspace Redcliffe staff are dedicated professionals who support young people in a friendly, confidential and non-judgemental environment.
- Jamie, Regional Manager Allied Health
- Carol, Practice Administrator
- Mark, Clinical Lead (Thursday & Friday)
- Meg, Clinical Lead (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- Matt, Senior Intake & Assessment Officer
- James, Intake & Assessment Officer
- Monique, Intake & Assessment Officer (Part-time)
- Georgia, Community Development Officer (Part time)
- Kerry, Admin Officer (Part-time)
- Nikki, Receptionist (Part-time)
- Tanya, Receptionist (Part-time)
- Carla, Receptionist (Part-time)
- Amanda, MH Accredited Social Worker and Art Therapist (Friday)
- Mark, Psychologist (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- Bimpe, MH Accredited Social Worker (Thursday)
- Kate, MH Accredited Social Worker
In-kind Service Provision:
- Noffs QLD (Monday & Wednesday)
- Centrelink (Thursday)
- Worklinks (Thursday)
- Matchworks (Monday)
- Open Doors Youth Service (Monday)
headspace Redcliffe aims to provide easy access to services for young people at little or no cost and in most cases your headspace visit will be provided free of charge, however there are some circumstances that may result in services needing to be paid for. Where fees apply, you will be advised in advance. If you have concerns about your ability to pay a fee please discuss this with our administration staff or your Intake and Assessment Officer.
Allied Health Services (Clinical/General Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist)
If you have a valid Australian Medicare Card and a current Mental Health Care Plan, up to 10 sessions in a calendar year with your allied health worker will be bulk-billed through Medicare.
If you are not eligible for an Australian Medicare Card, or do not wish to obtain a Mental Health Care Plan, or if you have used all of your 10 sessions for the year under your Mental Health Care Plan you will be charged to see the allied health worker as follows:
- Payment for fee-for-service appointments can be made via EFTPOS (preferred) or CASH (please note that we do not keep large quantities of cash on-site and exact money is preferred).
- Fees are aligned to the Medicare Benefits Schedule and are subject to change if the Medicare rate increases.
Work for us
headspace Redcliffe is looking for allied health private practitioners (sub-contractors) to work at headspace Redcliffe minimum two days a week.
Applications from clinical and general psychologists, mental health social workers and mental health occupational therapists are welcome.
You will be a passionate and experienced individual with demonstrated clinical skills working with young people, together with experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams. You will possess considerable experience in a range of mental health service settings including the provision of mental health services to young people aged 12-25. Naturally, you will possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
You will be engaged as an independent contractor and will be remunerated by rebates received through the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS).
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have, or be eligible for, an appropriate work visa; a Working with Children Check (or equivalent); and full registration with AHPRA or AASW.
Don't have a Medicare Card?
To access some of the services at headspace Redcliffe at no cost a Medicare card may be required. To apply for a Medicare card, go to: bit.ly/medicarecard
Do know your Medicare details? You can call Medicare on 13 20 11 or speak to your headspace worker or one of our reception staff who can help you.
Did you know you can get you own Medicare card from the age of 15? For more information on this click here
Parking, Accessibility and Transport Options
- Park is available in front of headspace Redcliffe. This is accessed off Portwood Street.
- Accessibility parking is available in the Centre’s car park (with access off Portwood Street), and an accessibility ramp is provided to the Centre’s main entry.
Public transport is available via numerous train and bus services.
- The Kippa Ring Railway station is approximately a 40 minute walk from the Centre’s main entry, however buses are available. For directions click here
- The nearest bus stop is located on Anzac Avenue, just a few minutes walk from the Centre.
For the most up to date train and bus routes and schedules, please visit the Translink Journey Planner
Student Placement Information
headspace Redcliffe offers a limited number of student placements each year, the demand for these is always high. To assist students to decide whether headspace Redcliffe may be an appropriate and suitable placement option, we have created the following information.
WHAT TYPE OF ACTIVITIES DO STUDENTS GET TO PARTICIPATE IN WHILST ON PLACEMENT?
Whilst on placement at headspace Redcliffe, students work closely with members of the Intake & Assessment Team. This Team is made up of mental health professionals with a range of different tertiary qualifications including Psychology and Social Work.
The type of activities students typically have the opportunity to participate in whilst on placement at headspace Redcliffe includes:
- conducting comprehensive psychosocial assessment;
- participating in Clinical Review meetings;
- making referrals to external and internal service providers;
- providing case coordination;
- leading or co-facilitating therapeutic groups;
- providing brief intervention counselling sessions; and
- participating in community awareness activities (e.g. providing presentations at schools to students, teachers and parents or hosting a stall at a community based event).
Whilst on placement at headspace Redcliffe there may also be an opportunity to observe or co-facilitate a counselling session with one of the Centre’s qualified Allied Health Counsellors. This however is at the discretion of the client and Allied Health Counsellor.
WHAT TYPE OF STUDENTS CAN COMPLETE A PLACEMENT AT HEADSPACE REDCLIFFE?
The type of students headspace Redcliffe can offer placements to each year depends on the professional background of the Centre’s Intake & Assessment Team and their schedules.
Due to the headspace model of service provision, student placements are not offered to:
- High school students;
- Students completing their first placement (e.g. 3rd year Bachelor of Social Work students or 1st year Masters of Social Work (qualifying) students);
- Bachelor of Counselling students;
- Bachelor of Human Services students; or
- Bachelor of Nursing students.
Note - Sometimes there are placement opportunities available for TAFE students however these placements are completed with our Community Development Officer and not with the Intake & Assessment Team. The type of activities TAFE students typically have the opportunity to participate in whilst on placement at headspace Redcliffe varies according to the student’s placement requirements and the Community Development Officer’s priorities at the time.
WHO PROVIDES ON-SITE SUPERVISION?
Students receive on-site supervision from a member of the Intake & Assessment Team or the Centre’s Clinical Lead. Depending on the type of qualification students are completing students may also be required to access supervision from an external supervisor.
HOW DO I MAKE A REQUEST FOR A PLACEMENT AT THE CENTRE?
The most appropriate way to request a placement at headspace Redcliffe is through your education provider’s Field Education Unit, Placement Coordinator or equivalent.
headspace Redcliffe does not accept placement requests from individual students.
The availability of student placements will be advertised on the headspace Redcliffe website and social media channels:
For information about headspace: visit www.headspace.org.au/