headspace Dubbo is a FREE, confidential, youth-friendly service for anyone between 12-25 years. Although we have ceased in-person appointments, we have transitioned our service to online and phone services during regular business hours.
If you or someone you know is feeling overwhelmed and needs to chat, you can contact us on 02 5852 1900 or email; email@example.com .
eheadspace.org.au is also available 7 days a week from 7am – 1am (AEST) with one-on-one counselling, group chats, helpful resources and more for both young people and their families.
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Dubbo is operated by Marathon Health. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Western NSW (Western Health Alliance Ltd).
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Dubbo
P/T or F/T Private Practice (hours negotiable and flexible)
Do you want to start your own private practice without all the overheads?
Perhaps you're just coming back to the workforce and don't quite feel ready for full time work yet?
Maybe you have a passion for youth mental health or are looking to diversify your practice?
Marathon Health is seeking suitably qualified and experienced persons to provide MBS funded services to young people 12-25 years at headspace Dubbo.
Just imagine, no more admin! We will do it for you as well as take care of your MBS billing which you retain 100% of.
To be eligible you must possess the following:
1. Experience working with young people aged 12-25 years with mental health difficulties.
2. Experience and willingness to work in a multidisciplinary team.
3. Be a currently registered and practicing Allied Health Professional with AHPRA.
4. Be eligible to provide services under the Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS), including eligible to obtain a Medicare Provider number.
5. Must have professional indemnity insurance.
6. Must undergo relevant criminal record check and working with children checks.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents to be considered:
1. A current curriculum vitae outlining relevant qualifications and experience.
2. A copy of professional indemnity insurance (or statement identifying willingness to obtain insurances should they be offered a contract).
3. A copy of their registration status with AHPRA or equivalent professional membership (e.g. AASW).
4. Details of 2 professional referees who can be contacted regarding the quality/appropriateness of performing this role in headspace Dubbo.
A detailed contractor application document must be completed with the headspace Operations Manager prior to a contract being offered.
For more information contact:
Name: Candice Edwards
Phone: (02) 5852 1900
Our centre is located at 23 Church Street, Dubbo, NSW, 2830 (near the rotunda) with 2 hour parking on the street - disabled parking also available. Our facility is disability friendly with wheelchair access and disabled toilets.
Getting to our centre:
Dubbo Taxi: 13 10 08
Dubbo Busline: https://www.buslinesgroup.com.au/dubbo-maps-timetables.html
Our staff will talk to you about your concerns and provide you with support, information and services in a confidential, non-judgmental environment.
Youth Care Coordinators:
Community and Youth Engagement Coordinator:
Individual Placement Support (IPS):
Senior Vocational Specialist
MBS Funded Clinicians
We currently are in need of MBS funded Psychologists, Social Workers (Mental Health accredited) - if you are interested in working with young people and working in a supportive environment with free room hire and administrative/billing support, contact our Program Manager, Marijka Brennan on 5852 1900 for a chat.
Centrelink - Chris Suey
Mental Health Support
CAMHS - Josh Harvey
Drug & Alcohol - Carlie Briggs
Psychcare Services - Dr Syed Shah MRCPsych FRANZCP
Western NSW LHD - Margie Crowley
Western NSW LHD - Bev Tyson
Youth Officer - Lionel Wood
Legal Aid NSW
Michelle Potter - Family & Carer Support
Mirandah Shields - Financial Counselling
referrals to headspace Dubbo
Self or family referral: If you are a young person between the ages of 12-25 or a family member and wish to make an appointment please call (02) 5852 1900. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you need support outside of our business hours, eheadspace might be for you. eheadspace is a confidential, free and secure space where young people 12 - 25 or their family can chat, email or speak on the phone with a qualified youth mental health professional. You can find out all about it here.
Professional referral: If you would like to refer a young person to our service please print and complete the form below. You can then fax it to us on (02) 6800 2674 or email it email@example.com
Referral form for headspace Dubbo - Referral-to-headspace-Dubbo.docx
Social Groups and Activities run throughout the school term, kicking off from Week 2. If you have an idea for a group or would like to help by volunteering your time, please get in touch.
All groups are FREE and you do not need to be headspace client to attend HOWEVER, bookings are essential as group numbers are capped. So please contact 5852 1900 to register or for more information.
headspace Dubbo will be recruiting new members for our Youth Reference Group (YRG).
Are you aged 16-24 and looking to be the youth voice for headspace Dubbo?
We are looking for young people who want to:
- Make meaningful decisions that have real impact
- Connect with other people passionate about youth mental health
- Have your voice heard on community services in the area
- Organise and be part of local youth events
You will gain experience and new skills with support, training and reference opportunities.
If you are interested in joining the Youth Reference Group, contact Amy Mines, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or fill in our application form here.
Our 2019/2020 Youth Reference group members are:
- Cody Jones
- Jade Bunt
- Grace Gower
- Molly Groake
- Eva Chown
- Ainsley Chown
- TJ Smith
- Charlize Mulholland
- Maxwell Walsh
- Jared Kelly
- Ngaire Bigwood
- Freya Rushton
- Amelia Carling
For FAQs around the role of a Youth Reference Group member - click here
To request a visit from headspace Dubbo to your school, workplace or community group - email email@example.com
headspace Dubbo offer interactive workshops and information sessions on topics such as:
- What is mental health?
- How to look out for the wellbeing of your classmates/teammate/workmates (can be tailored to schools, sporting clubs or workplaces)
- Stress, Anxiety & How to Cope
- Study Stress
- Gender Diversity in Schools/Workplaces
- How to Ask - R U OK?
- Getting to know your local headspace centre - beginning to understand self-help
headspace Dubbo is a not-for-profit organisation and relies heavily on donations from the community to continue the ongoing delivery of this invaluable service. Whilst our service to young people is FREE we do ask when booking a workshop or information session that you make a small, tax deductible donation to the service to cover costs of resources and any travel incurred. Further information on this can be sought via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
headspace appreciates the support of local businesses and the community
headspace Dubbo would like to thank the following supporters for their very generous donations to assist us in adding to the services that we provide for young people.
If you would like to donate, this can be done at the Dubbo office or alternatively via direct deposit on:
NAB Account Name: headspace Dubbo
Account Number: 78-920-6267
For more information contact Marijka Brennan, Program Manager, on (02) 5852 1900 for more information.
- Rotary Club of Dubbo West
- Midwest Foods
- Western District Lawn Memorial Dubbo
- Rotary Club of Dubbo South
- Carter, Lindsay & Weber Dubbo
- Commonwealth Bank Business Centre Dubbo
- Cherubs Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Service
- Charles Sturt University
- North Parkes Mines
- Coonabarabran Junior Rugby League and Netball Club
- Dubbo Folk Club
- The Castlereagh Hotel Clydesdale's Social Club
- Gina's Pizza
- Western NSW PHN
- Westpac Dubbo
- M&D Shipp Smash Repairs
- West Dubbo Barber Shop
- Dubbo College South Campus